The CIQS Council is a national board that reflects the needs of quantity surveyors and construction estimators across the country. The Council consists of the following positions:
- A President and two Vice-Presidents
- A Secretary/Treasurer and Registrar
- An Education Administrator
- One member representing all other regional affiliates not represented by the Vice-Presidents, Secretary/Treasurer or Registrar
- The immediate Past President
- Executive Director (non-voting)
The CIQS Executive Board (Officers) includes the President, two Vice-Presidents, Secretary/Treasurer and Registrar. The offices of the President and two Vice-Presidents may only be assumed by Professional Quantity Surveyors (PQS).
For a term of one year, the President oversees the administration of CIQS in accordance with the Institute's By laws. The President is also a member ex officio of all committees.
The Vice-Presidents perform the duties required in the President's absence. Two Vice Presidents shall be nominated and elected from amongst the members of Council for a one-year term at the CIQS Annual General meeting.
The Secretary/Treasurer is responsible for programming and finance, while the Registrar oversees membership registration and issuing diplomas.